Ministry for Development of the Russian Far East and Arctic
- Commencement of Engagement
4 September 2019
- Engagement Overview
An MoU was signed between NITI Aayog and the Ministry for Development of the Russian Far East and Arctic on 4 September 2019. The objective was to boost the strategic partnership between India and Russia by strengthening cooperation in trade, economics and investment. As per the MoU, both sides agreed to prepare a programme for the development of the Russian Far East and Arctic region for 2020–25. This programme would form the basis for interaction between the regions to increase trade and bilateral cooperation in the implementation of investment projects. Both sides would organise an annual business dialogue on the sidelines of the Eastern Economic Forum with the participation of business representatives of both countries.
- Involvement of Indian Ministries/ Government Bodies
India–Russia Bilateral Council
- Anna Roy, Senior Adviser, NITI Aayog
- P.S. Raghavan, Chairman, National Security Advisory Board, and former Indian Ambassador to Russia
- Manish Prabhat, Joint Secretary, ERS, Ministry of External Affairs
- Shiv Vikram Khemka, Vice Chairman, Sun Group Hemant Kanoria, Chairman and MD, Srei Infrastructure
An inter-ministerial consultation on the development programme for advancing cooperation in trade, economic and investment spheres in the Russian Far East and Arctic from 2020–25 was held on 15 May 2020.
Memorandum of Understanding signed on 4 September 2019
India and Russian Far East and Arctic