New York, United States
- Commencement of Engagement
24 April 2019
- Engagement Overview
AIM and UNICEF India signed a Letter of Intent on 24 April 2019 with the goal to provide an open platform to young children across different communities in India via the Atal Tinkering Lab initiative. The collaboration aims to orient the burgeoning innovation ecosystem towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals, with a focus on child rights. The collaboration aims at focusing on skill development and youth-led innovation and organising innovation events and bootcamps.
- Involvement of Indian Ministries/Gov Bodies
MyGov, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
1. UNICEF-ATL Young Champions held with 6 marathon winners
2. 100 ATL events-Community Day/ TinkerFest
3. UNICEF-ATL launched the Gandhian Challenge to commemorate 150 years of Mahatma Gandhi. Over 4000 students from across the country participated in the challenge.
- LoI signed on 24 April 2019
- First Gandhian Challenge on 2 October 2019
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)