Vision and Mission
Ensure: (i) every citizen is provided rapidly improving opportunities for contribution and self-development, (ii) a sustainable trajectory for India as the fastest-growing large economy in the world, and (iii) India achieves global competitiveness in several key sectors.
Drive: (i) economic policy reforms to accelerate growth, improve competitiveness, ensure sustainability, and enhance resilience while ensuring steadily rising minimum living standards, and (ii) reforms in the financial sector to support high and inclusive economic growth while minimizing risks and reducing the overall cost of capital for the Indian economy.
- Macroeconomic and Financial Sector Analysis: Continuous tracking and analysis of macroeconomic and financial sector developments.
- Structural Reforms: Analysis of potential structural reforms to augment economic growth and development.
- Strategic Disinvestment/Asset Monetisation: Recommend CPSEs for disinvestment, facilitate progress, and strategise asset monetisation.
- Public Sector Performance Measurement and Improvement: Measures to improve the performance of CPSEs and other public undertakings with the Department of Public Enterprises and Line Ministries.
- G20 Cell: Inputs for shaping India’s position at G20 through direct involvement with the Ministry of Finance (G20 Finance Track) and Ministry of External Affairs (G20 Sherpa Track).
- Multilateral Bodies Interface: Interface with the World Bank, IFC, IMF, ADB, NDB, OECD, EU, etc.
- Cross-functional Knowledge-Sharing: Knowledge-sharing and research support in diverse areas to other Verticals in NITI Aayog and Departments of the Government.
- Capacity Building and Expert Consultation: Capacity building within the Government and expert consultation.
- Interface for Rating Agencies, Institutional Investors, and Investment Banks: To address queries and enhance interest of institutional investors in India while gaining insights into market sentiments and industry’s perspective to share with policymakers.
- Key Compliance Responsibilities: Appraisal of EFCs and Cabinet Notes, review of sick/loss-making CPSEs, MoU review, etc.
- Mr Ajit Pai, Distinguished Expert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr Gaurav Sharma, Senior Specialist (email@example.com)
- Ms Pankhuri Dutt, Public Policy Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr Ranbir Singh, Associate (email@example.com)
- Ms Drashti Shah, Young Professional (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Department of Economic Affairs
- Department of Financial Services
- Department of Investment and Public Asset Management
- Department of Public Enterprises
- Ministry of External Affairs (for G20 Sherpa Track)
ArthNITI: NITI Aayog’s inhouse bimonthly newsletter, ArthNITI provides a snapshot of global trends relevant to India, analysis of India’s recent macroeconomic performance, and shines a spotlight on the Government’s flagship schemes, with the goal of providing insights into the progress being made towards building New India.
Current and Upcoming Projects
- Macroeconomic analysis
- Fiscal space analysis
- Consultation sessions with institutional investors and investment banks
- GDP growth projection
- Policy inputs for India at G20
- Strategic disinvestment of CPSEs
- MoU target setting and evaluation of CPSEs performance
- Transition from cash to accrual in government accounting
- Subsuming energy sector into GST regime
- Optimal credit architecture for India
- Financing MSMEs
- Secretariat for G20 Engagement Groups on Civil Society (C20) and Think-Tanks (T20) during India’s G20 presidency