- Commencement of Engagement
19 September 2019
- Engagement Overview
An MoU was signed between NITI Aayog and the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) for Monitoring and Analyzing Food and Agricultural Policies (MAFAP) to assess the impact of Food Security Policy in Bihar and Chhattisgarh and the impact of Agricultural Marketing Policy (eNAM) in Haryana and Odisha.
- Involvement of Indian Ministries/Gov Bodies
- Department of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare (Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare)
- Department of Food and Public Distribution (Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution), including State Departments of Haryana, Bihar, Odisha and Chhattisgarh
Technical Cooperation Programme
MAFAP analyses are used for formulating targeted food and agricultural policy reforms. Under the technical cooperation programme, a status report was prepared on the impact of Food Security Policy in Bihar and Chhattisgarh and eNAM in Haryana and Odisha. This was based on secondary data collected from the relevant administrative departments and participating States.
- Preliminary discussions were held on 20 March 2018 on MAFAP
- Memorandum of Understanding was signed on 19 September 2019 to implement MAFAP
- Final meeting was held on 1 November 2019 to firm up the report on MAFAP-I
- Engagement was completed on 31 December 2019
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations