Vision and Mission
The Governing Council of NITI Aayog comprises the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India; Chief Ministers of all the States and Union Territories with legislature; Lt Governors of other UTs; Ex-Officio Members; Vice Chairperson, NITI Aayog; Full-time Members, NITI Aayog; and Special Invitees.
It is the premier body tasked with evolving a shared vision of national priorities and strategies, with the active involvement of States, in shaping the development narrative. The Governing Council, which embodies the objectives of cooperative federalism, presents a platform to discuss inter-sectoral, inter-departmental and federal issues to accelerate the implementation of the national development agenda.
- The Governing Council Secretariat (GCS) coordinates the meetings of the Governing Council.
- It also coordinates the activities of all the Verticals, Divisions and Units of NITI Aayog.
- As a coordination focal point, GCS organises the weekly Senior Officers’ Meeting (SOM) under the chairmanship of Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog.
- GCS acts as the nodal division for coordinating matters related to the Annual Report of NITI Aayog for circulation in the Parliament.
- The Division also handles Parliament Questions, Standing Committee matters, RTI queries, CPGRAMS grievances and VIP references pertaining to GCS.
Name of the Officer
|Senior Adviser||Dr Yogesh Suriemail@example.com|
|Deputy Secretary||Ms Urmilafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sr. Research Officer||Mr Naresh Kumaremail@example.com|
|Sr. Statistical Officer||Mr Rattan Singhfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Economic Officer||Mr S. K. Yadavemail@example.com|
State Governments/UT Administration
- Annual Reports of NITI Aayog
- Action-taken report on the decisions taken in the Governing Council meetings
- Report of the Sub-Group of Chief Ministers on Rationalisation of Centrally Sponsored Schemes
Current and Upcoming Projects
- So far, six meetings of the Governing Council have been held under the chairmanship of the Hon’ble Prime Minister.
- The sixth meeting was held virtually on 20 February 2021. The action points emanating from the oral and written speeches of the Chief Ministers/LGs/Administrators of States/UTs have been collated and forwarded to the Ministry/Department concerned for comments/action-taken report.
- The action-taken report is to be prepared on the decisions taken in the sixth Governing Council meeting in consultation with the stakeholders concerned.
- The process for preparation of Annual Report 2021–22 is to be initiated.