In pursuance of the decision taken in a meeting held on 9th July 2021 in NITI Aayog, a task force has been constituted under the chairpersonship of Prof. Ramesh Chand, Member, NITI Aayog with following ToRs:
- To assess the status of biofertilizer and organic fertilizer production and consumption in the country and briefly present its implications
- Assessment of the existing standards of biofertilizers through the Organic Fertiliser Control order of the Government of India for organic fertilizer and suggest changes to expand its scope and the existing testing facilities including recommendations thereof
- To devise innovative ways and policy to promote cattle economy and use of cow manure as biofertilizer and bio-energy especially for gaushalas to convert cattle into economic assets
- To devise measures/ Policy initiatives for encouraging the commercial production, packaging, marketing and distribution of biofertilizers including development of brand and address challenges in marketing and certification of biofertilizers
- To explore Public Private Partnership model with various stakeholders including goshalas, Dairy cooperatives and Farmer Producer Organization for production of enriched soild and liquid biofertilizer
- Suggest mechanism and policy support for encouraging the commercial production, packaging, marketing and distribution and use of biofertilizers to create level playing field with inorganic fertilizers
In this regard, stakeholder views on the background (English/Hindi) and the Terms of Reference (English/Hindi)or any other suggestions are highly solicited for bringing policy recommendations pertinent for transforming this sector.
Also, all stakeholders can share success stories/experiences, etc., whereby livestock by-products have been utilized in product development, along with the socio-economic impacts achieved.
All suggestions/comments may kindly be emailed to Dr. Neelam Patel, Senior Advisor (Agriculture) and Member Secretary at: email@example.com before December 25, 2021.